gondola creature concept

gondola creature concept (pencil, ballpoint, brush pen)

so, as it happens, i decided to pull out another old sketchbook yesterday and these sketches, this concept was in there...this is an oldie. not sure from which version of me it spawned. truly. i thought excitedly to myself..."hey, wait! i did a pencil sketch of this, the version i decided to use when i finally get around to doing the painting. um...hmmm. didn't i put that on the bulletin board?" pushing aside art receipts and tax crap, i unearthed that very sketch. "huzzah!"

as anyone who knows my work knows that this is another style, i haven't messed around with in years. many years. i actually think it's quite healthy to have different styles to play around with. some might disagree, i don't know...

for me it brings new opportunities to explore my creativity. gives me new chances to experiment. gives me new ways to have fun. all that is freedom i wholeheartedly welcome into my creative life. and isn't that what it's all about? mmm, yes. quite. glad we agree...

experiment with something completely different...go ahead. i dare you. i double-dog dare you. do it...and trust me. you won't regret it.

the end.

Comments