sketchbook challenge: day 6 (the Dalai lama)

 











"the dalai lama" (pencil, 5x8") continuing on with these sketchbook challenge portraits. being a buddhist, the dalai lama was an obvious choice for me. the dalai lama was on my list and for some reason i instantly wanted him to be next one. not sure how i know what's next, but it's apparently clear to me at decision time. the dalai lama portrait took me a while. over two or three days. i had many distractions during the process and i kept wanting to get back to it when i had other things that just had to be done. it was simply killing me! (ugh, attachments) but sometimes that's just the way it is. it probably took like 2 or 3 hours all said and done. this is becoming a common time for me when doing these portraits. a great practice. (see what i did there? buddhist pun). i know who is next, but i'll keep that a secret for now...i'm planning on taking a more whimsical, caricature approach. i have a few reasons for this upcoming style change and i'll explain that later. (smirk)
really looking forward to getting back to the whimsical stuff. so here we go...

Comments